Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Happy Birthday to you!

Scott doesn't like to make a big deal about his birthday.  I try to go along with that and not get to crazy, especially since our birthday's are 9 days apart and our anniversary is 4 days before my birthday.  It's a lot in August. 
 
So this year we decided to buy our birthday anniversary gifts and give the gifts at our anniversary.  It worked well with tax free weekend and the gifts that were given.  However, I couldn't just let Scott's birthday go by without doing anything.  So on Sunday, while Scott was at Cross Fit and then working, Gabe and I went up to Target to get some goodies. 
 
Since Scott has been doing Cross Fit a lot of this t-shirts don't fit or have magically shrunk.  I picked up a couple new shirts for him and a couple birthday cards.  Nothing crazy or fancy, trying for low key.  Then on Scott's birthday (8/19) I stopped at the store and got him a tuxedo cake.  You can't have a birthday without a cake, even though we just finished my cake. 
 
Once Scott got home from work, he quickly cut the grass and Gabe and I watched from the cool air conditioned house.  Then we had a wonderful dinner of ham and potato casserole (a favorite meal).  Then opened presents and play time with Gabe.  I even managed to get a Cardinal win for his birthday (big thanks to Jon Jay for getting hit by a pitch, again). 

Happy Birthday Scott!  Gabe, Baby A and I love you more than you know!  I hope your day was extra special!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment