Monday, August 11, 2014

It's My Birthday

Yesterday (8/10) was my birthday and what a wonderful day it was...minus waking up at 3am with a migraine and needing to take a hot shower (at 3am) to relax my neck.  Thankfully, Scott let me sleep till 8 and fully get over the welcome-to-mid30s pain.  After we got cleaned up it was a quick trip to Starbucks for breakfast and then Grant's Farm.

I've been wanting to take Gabe there for a while and it just never seemed to fit in our schedules.  Amazingly enough, the typical St. Louis sweltering heat has been absent most of August.  We arrived by 10:30, along with everyone else, but that didn't stop us from having a great time.

First we went to check out the Clydesdales.  I always forget how huge they are, and then you stand next to one and pet their noses.  They are HUGE!  Gabe really got a kick out of seeing them up close.  He did so good with walking around and pointing at the horses.
Checking out the Clydesdale

Look a horse over there!
Then we walked over to catch the tram ride into the park.  We waited a bit but there was so much people watching that Gabe could care less.  Once on the tram Gabe enjoyed looking for the animals.  He saw Longhorns, ducks, geese, deer, and buffalo.  Lots for his to Ohh and Ahh at.

Once we arrived we decided to head for the elephants first.  We got to watch a couple elephants interact and do some scratching on a telephone pole.  Then we went to watch the elephant show.

 We headed back to feed the very aggressive goats.  Thankfully, the goats didn't bother Gabe at all.  He stood there and helped Scott and I feed them.  Thanks to our previous farm trip this summer, Gabe loved every minute of it.



Big brother training
We road the merry-go-round before we grabbed a snow cone and water and then headed home.
Had to get the lion and roar 
Happy Birthday St. Louis and me
Once we got home it was nap time for Gabe.  He was exhausted.  Scott took a nap while I watched the Cards game and played on my new birthday/anniversary gift, a Mac Mini.  I'm still trying to get used to the Mac from the PC that I use daily.  But the goal is for me to not sound like my father when I have to use the Windows 8 laptop.  That had been my primary computer at the house.

After the Cardinal WIN and naps we had an easy dinner along with cake and cards from the boys!  It was a great birthday and I couldn't thank Scott and Gabe enough for a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment