Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Gabe and Me Day

Our sitter took a week vacation to Gulf Shores and so Scott, my M-I-L, and I adjusted our work schedules to watch Gabe this week.  I ended up taking Monday off, it was the day after my birthday and why not.  I had a plan, play outside as much as we could.  Thankfully, the weather agreed with me. 
 
We were at the playground by 9am!  We had the whole playground to ourselves and hung out for 30 minutes then walked home.  Gabe really loves the slides and we had some good races down them.
 

We had to play at home while I did a little work.  He really loves his firehouse and fire truck that he got for Christmas.  He is great at playing by himself, too.
He may have been a little tired from the morning walk and playground fun.  But that didn't stop me from a quick stop at McDonald's and then off to Mama Zipf's for private swimming.

What's better than a little pre-swim chicken nugget time?  He wasn't too sure what the pool was or the leaves floating in it.  He thought the leaves were bubbles. 

We had to take a swim break for more nuggets.  He was having so much fun jumping off the side and stairs.  He loved kicking and splashing.

After swimming we played with the beach ball for a while and dried off.  We had a very successful morning of swimming.  Just wish I had someone to take pictures.  

 Somehow Gabe stayed awake the whole drive home (about 20 minutes) and then once we got home he crashed for 3 hours!  I wore that kid out!  But it was a really fun day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment