Friday, December 9, 2016

Gringerbread Train

I have always wanted to do a gingerbread house at Christmas.  It was one of those things that I want to do, but other holidays things took its place.  This year, I really wanted to make one with the boys.  I had been searching for kits that didn't cost over $10 and while at Michael's I found one.  Then I looked harder and found a gingerbread train.

Bennett is going through a major train phase, we watch Polar Express daily.  So, when I saw the train I knew I had to get that.  I left the box on the counter for a couple days and when it was time to make it, the train did not disappoint.  I think all boys, Scott included, had fun making this train.  I did get a tip from a high school friend, hot glue the pieces together instead of using the frosting.  No one is planning on eating this so, that was extremely helpful and saved a lot of tears from mom.







Sleeping through it all





I like to think the train turned out pretty good.  Of course the next morning the engine was broken and then hot glued back together.  Maybe this is our Christmas centerpiece?










No comments:

Post a Comment