Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Crafts

We been busy doing crafts this Christmas season.  I'd like to say that everything we have done has been for gifts or I have not eaten way too many cookies, but I cannot.  I tend to make baking or crafting my go to activity with Bennett while Gabriel is at school.  It is much easier to do things with one child wanting to help.

Our first activity was baking cookies.  B is a great helper, he really likes to "help" stir the dough or sample it.

Those sugar cookies didn't last long.  Then we decided we needed to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, those didn't last too long either.


We took a break from baking to do some painting.  Scott had asked for a motivation reminder for his desk at work.  He wanted a flower pot with dum dum suckers, as a reminder that he won't always get the sucker.  I wanted a way to make the pot look a little more fun.  I decided to paint the boys initials in their "color."  It turned out awesome.  Bennett was a great helper and painted his own masterpiece.

We even made snowmen and sang Frosty.  

Then it was on to making chocolate covered pretzels.  This one did not keep their attention as well as I thought it would.  Gabriel was into it but Bennett just ate the chocolate and licked the pretzels.


Next Bennett and I made some ornaments.  I found a recipe for a 2 ingredient mixture and it was pretty easy and play doh like once it cooled down.  




I tried another recipe with Gabriel.  That one used cinnamon and was supposed to make the house "smell like Christmas."  It smelt great while I made the dough, but it wasn't;t sticky enough and play time didn't last that long.  


So I took 5 minutes and made more of the white dough.

Both boys helped making more cookies.  Actually, this time it was a suggestion from Gabriel that we make cookies for daddy.   Was a big hit and those did last long.  


It's been a busy Christmas season in the Allenzotti house.





No comments:

Post a Comment