Saturday, February 15, 2014

Our Valentine's Night

This year we treated ourselves to a Valentine's night out.  Last year we had a 3 day old baby and had been home for a day.  And to be honest, I wouldn't have been able to tell you it was Valentine's Day had I not seen posts on Facebook.
This year we planned out the night.  My SIL is an executive Chef at Bella Vino and mentioned they were doing a Valentine's dinner for that weekend.  Gabe was invited to spend the night at Nana and Grandpa Ron's and or reservation was set. 

We were informed earlier in the week of where our table would be, in the back room.  It was mostly private and cozy.  We also, had a sneak peak of the menu.  I knew walking in that I wanted to try one of everything.  And that's how we ordered and shared.  I don't think I can say enough of the food.  I'm not a fish person, I liked the tuna and I do not like creamy salad dressings, I loved the Kale Caesar over the vinaigrette. 

It was a perfect evening followed by a walk down Main St.  It was freezing, but worth the walk to Picasso's for evening lattes. 

And a shameless plug for Bella Vino's, check out the Riverfront Times write up.  It's really that good.  And of course, everyone knows I hate to cross bridges it's worth the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment