Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Gabe's Birthday Party

We had a ball at Gabriel's first birthday party!  Scott and I decided on a baseball theme and created baseball tickets as the invitation.  We also decided that it would be family and few friends for the first party.  We did not have much room for a lot of people and, in all honesty, Gabe had no clue what was going on. 

We spent the morning cleaning and cooking and recovering from migraines.  It was a little stressful.  Thankfully, my parents were able to help run errands and entertain Gabe while Scott cooked and I slept. 


Everyone arrived around 1 and we ate and chatted with everyone.  It was a nice gathering and Gabe loved seeing the Birch boys.  After lunch, we opened presents.  Gabe got some new and an old gift, his Zio Andrew's firetruck that was returned to us from the Birch's.





After presents, it was time to let Gabe have some sugar.  I ended up getting 2 cakes for the party.  One for Gabe and then me, and one for everyone else.  They were delicious!
 We all sang and then I gave Gabe the baseball and he wasn't sure what to do.  He kinda played with the cake then ate some, then ate some more.  Eventually, we had cake and icing in the his hair.  I wasn't sure what to expect with him.  He had a lot less on him than I had anticipated.  He even shared some of his cake with Mathew.  I think Mathew really enjoyed hanging with Gabe.








After cake the party started to wind down.  Gabe enjoyed playing with his toys and the bags they came in.  After everyone left, it was time to relax.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment