Monday, September 10, 2012

Lack of Sleep

I miss consistent sleep.  During the last few weeks it's been hard to stay asleep all night.  I'm used to the getting up and going to the bathroom at least 3 times a night, but normally I can fall back to sleep.  Now days, I'm up at 2AM, letting the dog out, going to the bathroom and then up for at least an hour.  I'm wide awake, tossing and turning.  Sometimes a movie that I listen to will put be back to sleep but lately they aren't working.

Yes, there are things on my mind about the baby, work, life that keep me up.  However, I'm unable to keep my eyes open at 9PM, I feel that I am tired enough to get through the night.  After reading many blogs, I have been trying to cut out sugar after lunch and Reily and I have taken up walking around the block after dinner.  I do think Reily's movements(eating/drinking) in the middle of the night contribute to my inability to stay asleep.

But I really just want a nice relaxing sleep - I know that won't happen, especially once the baby is here.  So for now I'll take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment