Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Plague

The flu hit our house hard this week and I blame the Magic House.  It was so much fun to take the boys there and yes, we did just become members, but I think I might wait a bit before I head back.  And to top is all off it happened on President's Day.  Scott and the boys were home and I was confined to my room, dying.  Scott wasn't too much better.  By 1pm I was texting reinforcements.   

Bennett has been trying to cut a tooth and it knocks him down every time.  He has been a stage 5 clinger for the last few days.  He has perfected saying "Mama" and I'm eating that up.  The down side to all that clinginess was that I was that I couldn't be near him. 

Thankfully, my in-laws had been planning on coming up to the house to give Gabe his birthday presents and were able to stay longer.  Scott really needed a nap, I couldn't move and the boys were completely fine and unaware that we were miserable.

My in-laws stayed long enough for Scott to get a nap, play with the boys, help with dinner and baths.  I'm forever grateful that they were able to help and that this didn't happen on a weekend.

It's been a few days and although I'm feeling/acting better, I'm still not eating.  Neither of us are.  And when I do eat, I'm full fast and it's uncomfortable.  I'm hoping this fun doesn't last much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment