Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Rough Night

Gabriel has been fighting a cold since the weekend.  I thought it had been clearing up, but bedtime came around and the coughing and runny nose came back.

He finally went to sleep around 8:30 - way past his bedtime. He was asleep until 2 and then he only wanted me to lay in the bed with him.  This would be ok since he is sick and only for a little while, but Bennett started not feeling well.

Bennett woke me up around 1:30 for normal feeding.  He then couldn't get comfortable or back to sleep.  He is now coughing and spitting up (something he rarely does).  I finally got him back to sleep in the bouncy chair at 2:30am and then Gabriel calls out.  

I give Gabriel more medicine for his cold and eventually fall asleep next to him.  I'm awoken by kicks from Gabriel and Bennett crying for a feeding at 4:30am.  

I return to our room to feed Bennett just in time to hear Gabriel cry out for me.  A quick kid swap and Scott is now sleeping in Gabriel's room and Bennett is screaming for food, diaper change and congestion.  

Oh it's going to be a very long day and it might be spent at the doctor's office.  

For now I'll try to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment