Monday, November 10, 2014

Bennett John

We welcomed Bennett John into our family on November 6, 2014 at 5:35pm.  He was 7lbs, 7 oz and 20 inches long.  We are completely in love with this little guy.


Scott and I arrived at Mercy about an hour after I was called for the induction.  After a little paperwork and waiting, we were in our labor and delivery suite.  It was our second time in the newly renovated area and I think our room was a little nicer this time.  

After 2 failed attempts to get an IV going, our awesome nurse Karen, got one going, as well as the antibiotics and Pitocen.  Everything was cruising along and progressing slowly, so they broke my water around 11:20am.  Scott did his best to read the contraction print out and try to predict when the baby would arrive, just like he did with Gabriel.

Then things moved a little faster.  I finally started feeling the contractions and around 1pm we asked for the epidural.  Why people go through labor to experience it is beyond me.  I felt enough, by the time the doctors arrived.  Once the epidural kicked it I didn't feel much until around 4pm.  My doctor arrived at 3:30 to check on me and let me know that the baby would be here by 6pm.  

Around 4:30 I mentioned that I was feeling the contractions and that I needed to push.  Scott went to find my nurse, who informed him that my doctor was in surgery(yay).  The next hour went very fast.  My doctor arrived and she and the nurse prepped the room while Scott distracted me from the contractions.  By 5:15 my doctor was ready and having me push.  A grand total of 4 pushes later, and Bennett was here.




Bennett couldn't be more perfect.  He looks like Gabriel with a lot of dark hair.  His eyes are a darker steel color as well.   There is a chance that Bennett could look more like a Manzotti.




We were held in the labor and delivery room longer than expected due a full moon and crazy increase in births. We had dinner in there and plenty of bonding time with our little guy.  Our nurse was able to make sure we got a great room just down the hall.   Once we got in our room we got settled and slept. Bennett decided he was too cool for mom and dad and made friends in the nursery over night.  

It was some of the best sleep I'll get for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment