Friday, November 14, 2014

Life with 2 boys

Scott was sick while Bennett was born, I got sick in the hospital, and my mom was sick and taking care of Gabriel during the 2 days I was in the hospital.   Needless to say, life with 2 boys started out a little rough.  

 Scott spent the Friday night at home with Gabe and my mom, while Bennett and I stayed in the hospital and I got some needed rest.  On Saturday morning Scott arrived, feeling better and ready to take us home. I couldn't wait to get home to see Gabriel.


Since there was the increase in births, thank you Valentine's Day, it took forever for us to get a wheelchair to leave.  Another awesome nurse went to the lobby grabbed a chair and brought it back for us.  We finally left around noon.  



It was an easy drive home.  Much easier than it was with Gabriel.  Bennett slept the whole 5 minute drive home.  However, it was weird not sitting next to him in the back.  

When we got home we were great by Gabriel and Grammie.  Gabriel couldn't wait to love on his little brother.  It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  


Gabe is a very proud big brother. If these feelings would last their whole lives I'd be happy.

The first few days were pretty easy for us.  Bennett loves to sleep.  We would set our alarm to wake up every 3 hours to feed him.  After our 4 day doctor appointment, our doctor said let him sleep.  He had gained enough weight and my milk came in, so enjoy the sleep. And we have.  

Gabriel is still going to daycare while I'm on maternity leave.  We are trying to keep his schedule as normal as possible.  So far he has done well.  He is still teething and cutting his K-9 teeth(which are the worst).  

Overall life with 2 boys has been fun and busy - and we wouldn't have it any other way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment