Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Festivies

Fall is quickly becoming on my for favorite times of the year.  We have so many things going on and it's wonderful to be outside enjoying it all.  This past weekend we finally got decent fall weather, the highs were in the 60s and it was time to bring out the long sleeves and jackets.

We didn't do too much on Saturday, we ran errands and watched football at home.  It was really nice to have a Saturday where we were not rushing anywhere or had a plan for the entire day.  And the Huskers won, so all is right.

On Sunday we got moving early in the morning to make it down to Missouri Botanical Gardens (MoBot) to check out the Missouri's Best fair that goes on every October.  This has become a yearly tradition for Scott and I, and really, it's a free breakfast/lunch/dinner depending on the time of day you go.  The samples are insane.  There are so many different types of foods to try and wines to drink.  Plus, there are a lot of woodwork and crafts to check out.  All from local Missouri businesses.  After going so many years in the afternoons, we found that getting there as close to the open works out great for stroller movement.  It was busy but we weren't constantly saying sorry for running over people.



Afterwards, we said good-bye to Michelle(she headed off to work) and on to Ursuline's Fall Festival.  This is the first year since I was a senior that I attended Fall Festival.  A lot has changed in those 15 years!  There were more booths, more kids activities, more crafts being sold, more fun to share with Gabe.  I ran into a couple people from my class and their kids.  Gabe is still just a little too young to really do anything, next year will be better.  I saw teachers and coaches from my time at UA.  Then Scott and I hung around for a little pre field hockey alumni game.  I wasn't going to play but it was nice to see my Varsity coach and cheer heckle Loreen on against a bunch of Freshmen. 





We left and headed home to enjoy an afternoon at home watching football and relaxing.  It was a very relaxing weekend and we even managed to do some cleaning and rearranging in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment