Monday, October 28, 2013

Apple butter festival

We headed down to Kimmswick, MO for the Apple Butter Festival this past weekend.  Scott and I had gone a couple years ago and really enjoyed everything that was thereBut before we left picked up Scott's parents and Gabe.  Gabe was able to rock his new hat.  He actually kept this one on for a while.

This year we were in an hours worth of traffic to just get off the highway and find the high school.  Once we were close to the highway the police made us go around and it took another 30 minutes before we could park.  I wasn't too happy about that, however I was really looking forward to checking out the craft booths. 

Once we arrived and the bus dropped us off we started checking out the booths.  There were thousands of people there and really getting around was difficult.  I was very happy we had the baby bjorn for Gabe instead of the stroller. 
When we walked around we only saw a few booths that really caught our eye.  A lot of the booths had knock off purses, scarves, junk.  I only saw 2 apple butter booths and still haven't tried it.  I was disappointed with the lack of craft booths this year.  I could be wrong, there was a lot of people and getting in and out was annoying. 

After walking around we ended up waiting for our bus back to the car and having some fun with Gabe.


No comments:

Post a Comment