Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 18

Today is the anniversary of Scott and my last first date.  It really wasn't much of a date, as opposed to me meeting up with him after I dropped my mom off at the airport.  And it was more of us catching up after 9 months of not talking. 

Looking back, I had a lot of unnecessary drama going on and I was abruptly moving out of a condo I share with a friend's younger sister.  A little back story, in September 2008 I was visiting St. Louis and confirming my living arrangements.  Scott told me it would be a mistake for me to move into said condo.  I casually said sure, whatever, it will be fine.  A short 5 months later I agreed with him, and was seriously looking at apartments by June, signed my lease in July and started moving once while my mom visited.

Why I remember our dating anniversary?  It's the day after my mom's birthday - makes is super easy for me.  And, well I put it on our google calendar and it's there every year. 

It has been an amazing 4 years and wouldn't have traded it for anything in the world.  I sure am happy I randomly texted you to let you know you were right.  FYI, I remember exactly where I was when I texted you.

No comments:

Post a Comment