Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Biggest Loser

About 10 of us at work have been participating in a Biggest Loser contest.  Today is our last day.  I went in to this just wanting to lose 10lbs.  It wasn't baby weight, I had lost that when Gabe was 6 months old.  I wanted to lose a little extra that I had gained before pregnancy.

Since June I've been walking with my co-workers at lunch around the Arch grounds.  We found that one lap from our office is 2 miles.  It's been an interesting summer watching and dodging the tourists and there have been days where we don't walk.  Overall it's has felt great to walk during lunch and get outside.  We have been incredibly lucky with nice weather this summer. 

Outside of work walking, Scott and I have been walking/running most weekends.  We try for at least 1 day to get out.  Gabe has been a champ going running with Scott or the occasional walk with me.

Today was my final weigh in for this part of the Biggest Loser.  I lost a total of 6.2lbs.  It wasn't the 10 I wanted, but it's over 50% of the way there.  And 6.2lbs in only 2 months is great motivation for me to keep it up. 

For me, I can actual see a difference in myself in pictures and that's all the proof I need.  That and my pants for work are just a little too big!

No comments:

Post a Comment