Monday, July 22, 2013

Grammie Visit

My mom's visit is officially over.  But we had a lot of fun while she was here.  She babysat Gabe for 3 days.  We are happy to report that she did a great job and he was really easy for her.  He took decent naps and tried to crawl a few times. 


On Friday night we treated my mom to dinner at her favorite Italian restaurant on the Hill, Zia's.  We got there earlies enough to beat the Friday night rush and sit with those heading down to the Cardinals game.  Dinner was pretty good.  I do prefer another Italian restaurant over Zia's, but sometimes it's just nice to have a familiar meal.  Gabe was doing pretty good sitting in his highchair, waiting on dinner.

After dinner we headed over to Ted Drewes for desert.  It was wonderful.  Gabe was a little jealous he couldn't have any and let us all know it was time to go home to bed.

Saturday morning we met Michelle at the Mud House on Cherokee Street. 
After breakfast my mom and I did a little shopping.  I think Scott was scared when I came back to tell him I found our dining room set. 
After lunch my mom and I took Gabe to the needlepoint store.  He was a hit with all the lady's.  My mom even agreed to babysit Gabe Saturday night so Scott and I could have a date night.  It was needed.  I finally got some Mexican food that I had been wanting and we ran some errands.  Not a crazy night but it was relaxing. 

My mom left on Sunday and we had some play time with Gabe's new fire truck.  He is still trying to figure out the sounds.

It was a great visit.  We can't wait to see Grammie in Omaha in a couple months.



No comments:

Post a Comment