Thursday, June 20, 2013

Father's Day

This was Scott's official Father's Day.  We knew last year that we were expecting, however, it was still a secret to everyone else.  And that was kinda fun.  But this year Scott was really ablt to celebrate with Gabriel and me.

Our day started bright and early, 6am.  We opened presents right away.  It was really hard for me to keep everything a secret, and even harder for me to not give the present as soon as everything came in the mail.  But I think it was well worth the wait.  Scott got, from Gabriel, a framed picture of the two of them at Gabe's first Cardinals game for his desk at work, 2 new t-shirts for the summer, new running shorts for all their runs, and a picture book with many Gabriel and Dad pictures.  I think Gabe did a great job on picking out gifts this year, not too bad for a 4 month old.


Reily just had to be in there

We decided to take Gabe on a walk/run first thing in the morning, well after the rain let up.  Scott ran 4 miles with Gabriel while Reily and I walked 2 miles, it was a great way to start the day.  Then it was time for Cardinal baseball.  While the Birds lost we still had fun playing with Gabriel.  Between naps, Scott and I caught up on some Mad Men.

All in all, I think Scott had a great 1st Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment