Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Friday Fun Day

I took last Friday off work since I had to do the 3 hour glucose test and stay at the doctor's office for those 3 hours and then had a meet and greet with our potential pediatrician afterwards.  It just was easier to take the day instead of rushing to work for a few hours.

I got to the doctor at 8:30 and quickly got started on getting blood drawn and drinking the sugar concoction.  I had 3 wonderful hours of people watching at the doctor's office.  There were some interesting people coming in and out.  Scott met me at the pediatrician's office and thus ensued the awkward first date like experience of getting to know her.  She was nice, has been in practice for 10 years and caught up on all the hours of the office and what to expect when the baby is born.


After all that fun we went to lunch.  I was starving since I hadn't eaten since 9PM Thursday.  I quickly stuffed myself and it was off to the house to relax while Scott cut the grass.  It was so nice outside that I didn't want to just hang out at home on my day off so we headed to Forest Park.



We checked out the Barocci exhibit at the art museum.  It was very good and loved seeing the sketching before the actual paintings.  We walked around the park for a while and then headed to The Cup for a little treat.

[caption id="attachment_2448" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Beautiful day[/caption]



We killed some time at Bar Louie before meeting up with Kristin and Tom at the SLU home opener.  I hadn't been to a SLU basketball game since grade school.  It was very entertaining to see all the young college kids getting into the game.



After an extremely busy afternoon, Scott and I were exhausted and ready to get home.  It was a great day off for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment