Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election 2012

I finally feel like a true Missourian.  I voted in my first presidential election in Missouri since moving back.  Things are a little different up here than in Texas.  First, there is no official early voting.  You can vote by absentee and that is considered early voting even if you are in town, sitting at home avoiding lines.  Second, you get an option to do paper ballots.  When I voted in Texas it was all electronic and I don't remember getting a choice.



Polls opened at 6AM and we were there by 6:15AM and waiting in a decent line outside.  It moved fairly fast but they needed more booths for the line to move a little faster.  I was extremely happy that I reviewed the fake ballot yesterday and was up to date on all the propositions that were on the ballot.  That made the actual voting process much faster.

I got my official sticker and can now get discounts all over STL for showing that I voted today.  Great way to get more people out and voting!

No comments:

Post a Comment