Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lantern Festival

I've been hearing about the Lantern Festival at Missouri Botanical Gardens since January.  I knew they were bringing in hundreds of people from China to recreate the lanterns and even have booths of art and clothing to buy.

We decided that the Saturday that my mom arrived was a cool enough night to check it out.  Clearly everyone in St. Louis thought the exact same thing.  We arrived around 7:20 and waited in line for tickets and then waited till 8 for the lights to come on.  It was well worth the wait and the crowds.

[caption id="attachment_2144" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Entrance to MoBot[/caption]



Each display was amazing.  The colors and materials that were used were detailed and looked so simply put together.  I don't think I can describe it better so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.



















No comments:

Post a Comment