Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

I love the 4th of July, I love fireworks.  On a typical 4th of July I like to go to a Cardinals game, Fair St. Louis (VP Fair) check out the air show, and stay for fireworks under the Arch.  How lucky are we to watch fireworks under a national monument?!



This year was a little different.  We are in the middle of a week-long heat wave.  The temperatures have been over 100 for 5 days in a row.  It's miserable to be outside.  So we decided that it would be better if we just stayed home, BBQed and watched the baseball game on TV.

We hung out at home, took our time cleaning the house up and decided to go to Weekend's Only to look at furniture, since they were having a great sale on a couch.  Once we walked into the doors my eyes decided they had enough and I was getting a migraine.  So much fun looking at colors and fabrics when you can't really see.  We quickly walked through the store and back home.  I was off to bed for 2 hours.  So much for a fun 4th.  I survived the headache and forced myself to stay awake to watch the live video of the fireworks under the Arch on the news.

Maybe next year it will be a better 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment