Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hopping End to 2008

As I reflect over the past year there were definitely some highs and lows. The biggest high of all was finally moving back to St. Louis. I cannot stress how happy I have been since leaving San Antonio.

I spent New Years Eve celebrating with Liz, my friend from grade school. We had planned on going to one bar and staying there all night but things quickly changed. We arrived at Schlafly's Bottleworks for dinner to find out that all the tickets for the Crown Room had been sold out. We were not aware you could buy tickets in advance. So now our plans were completely up in the air.

After dinner we headed to the Chocolate Bar...by far the coolest place ever! After a couple Coffee Ice Cream Martini's we were off to ring in the new year at McGurk's. Since I had never been I didn't know what to expect. We got to McGurk's and ran into a fellow former San Antonian and grade school friend. We chatted with him and his girlfriend until it was time to ring in the new year. On the way home I stopped at Ben & Ellen's to say Happy New Year to them and the kids.

All in all, it was a pretty good NYE, especially since we had to through our plans out the window and make it up as we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment