Sunday, September 17, 2017

Apple Picking 2017

We picked the best day for apple picking.  The weather looked like it was about to rain (and it did while we were loading the car) and that kept people away.  The boys loved the tractor ride to and from the orchards.  They were so into picking as much as they could and keeping their own bags.  

Bennett would find an apple, pick it, take a bite and then put it in his bag.  Scott spent some time sorting out the quality control apples.  Gabriel was great at picking the perfect apple.  He had to have his own bag and made this year.  He picked a ton of apples, but didn't taste as many.  This was Thomas' first year apple picking.  He did great just hanging out and sucking on any apple we gave him.  Towards the end it was hard for me to get an apple away from him.

This annual tradition is truly one of my favorites from my childhood and I love that Scott and I continue it with the boys.















No comments:

Post a Comment