Monday, August 8, 2016

Omaha

Somewhere in the middle of America...

My mom and I took a quick trip up to Omaha to celebrate Callie, my soon to be cousin.  She is marrying my youngest cousin, Scott, on October 1.  Since we are unable to attend due to Baby A's arrival the next month, I wanted to go to her bridal shower. 

We left STL early on a Friday and made it to Kansas City for an early lunch.  Then on to Omaha by 3:45.  It was nice to leave the rainy STL weather for low 80s and sun. 

Friday night we hung out at my aunt's house, while other aunts and uncles and my only other girl cousin came over for dinner and catching up.  It had been 3 years since I've last seen everyone.  We needed this upcoming wedding to catch up. 

On Saturday morning we had the bridal shower.  It was a beautiful shower at my Aunt Denise's house.  I was able to meet some more second cousins that have been born since my last trip to Omaha.  I love seeing all the new babies and hated that my boys did not get to meet their cousins.  Maybe in our next trip up.  We managed to get some Husker gear shopping in.  This was an essential stop for me.  My boys, all 3, did not have anything to wear for the upcoming season.  We're good now! 

Saturday night we all hung out at my Aunt Denise's for dinner and chatting.  We hung out on her beautiful deck, enjoying the lake and the boaters.  A great end to a very relaxing weekend.  On Sunday morning, my mom and 2 of my aunts had a casual breakfast and then we were on the road.  It was so nice to be home and see my boys again.  As much as I needed a break, I needed to get home to see them too.

A big, HUGE, thanks to Scott, who held down the fort for the weekend.  I'm still hearing about how much fun the boys had swimming at the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment