Monday, August 1, 2016

Birth-a-versary 2016

Scott and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary and our birthdays a little early this year.  My mom is in town to go to a bridal shower in Omaha over our actual wedding anniversary. 

This year my mom was in town and Scott and I were able to have a night child-free.  We stayed at the same hotel we did on our wedding night, then Mayfair, now Magnolia.  It's a historical hotel in downtown.  I did not remember the hotel at all, we were only there for about 6 hours the last time.  This time we got checked in and were able to causally relax/nap before our dinner reservations.

I had made reservations at Kemoll's.  I had only heard of the restaurant and never been.  It did not disappoint.  It was only a short walk from our hotel to the Metropolitan building, then up to the 40th floor.  The views all around were amazing.  We were able to watch the sun set as we ate dinner.  It was a peaceful and not-rushed dinner, things we are not used to. 


Sunday morning we took our time leaving the hotel.  Again, it was so nice to not rush to get ready and out the door.  We had a great Sunday breakfast and Benton Park CafĂ© and then ran a few errands on the way home.  It was a great night out, that was sorely needed for both of us.

Big THANK YOU to Grammie who stayed overnight with the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment