Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

I'm happy to say that this Mother's Day was not crazy packed with activities, place to go, people we had to see.  It was beyond lazy.  Starting with me kinda sleeping in, ya know 7am.  Once I was up, I read my cards and then was asked about breakfast.  The only thing I wanted was donuts, and it had to be Donut Drive-In.  We packed up the boys and headed to South City for my treat. 

While Scott patiently waited in line with all the other fathers/husbands, the boys and I drove around my old neighborhood.  We saw the fire truck getting washed and some down tree branches the storm the other night.  We had fun checking things out.  We picked up Scott and head to the playground.

We hung out at Francis Park playground for a couple hours.  The boys had so much playing on everything that was there - it as almost completely changed since I went there (all but the bathrooms).  We played with new friends and I ran into people from grade school.  I love this park.

After we decided the boys desperately needed new shoes.  So we waited at the playground till the mall opened.  Wow, the lines in some stores at the mall were a bit crazy, all those last minute Mother's Day shoppers.  We were right, the boys both grew at least a size in shoes.  With new shoes and new balloons we were off to the Apple Store, Scott's toy store (and kinda mine). 

It was home, lunch and a sort of nap - at least for Gabe it was.  Bennett decided he wanted nothing to do with a nice long nap.  We watched the baseball game and hung out in the family room.  We did nothing crazy for dinner and it was perfect. 

Thank you boys for my perfect Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment