Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Little Gardeners

While my mom was up here visiting, Scott and I decided to use my mom's gardening knowledge to our advantage. Scott has always wanted to put hibiscus plants around our 2 big trees in the front yard and I really wanted to pull up the pointless plastic planter in front of the porch. While Scott cut the grass, my mom and I took the boys to Lowes to find some bushes and hibiscus.

While going to Lowes with 2 little ones isn't my idea of a fun and worthwhile trip, it worked out.  The boys did pretty good watching the birds fly around inside the store and my mom did most of the talking to with the very helpful Lowes employees.  I pretty much said "yup, that's it" and paid.

 Once we got home we got to work digging holes for the plants and the boys did a decent job "helping."  We took some time out to check out the worms and play in the dirt of course.  Overall, I like to think they had fun being outside and helping.





The yard looks so much better by just adding new greenery and mulch.  Now teaching the boys to walk about the flower beds is a whole new deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment