Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Hills are Alive

St. Louis Hills that is.  I love where I grew up. I love that there are people that I grew up with in the same houses.  It is a magical land nestled in South St. Louis City.  I wish that my boys could grow up the same way I did, if only a 3 bed, 1 bath 1500 sq ft house wasn't going for $330K.  Annnyywhooo. 

On a particularly warm December night we took the boys to go check out Christmas Lights or Santa Lights, as Gabe calls them.  We parked at the Birch's and walked up to Candy Cane Lane.  I'm so happy that we did that.  The line to drive down the street was probably a 30 minute wait.


Welcome to Candy Cane Lane


Huge Santa



Gabe and Bennett rode in the wagon up Murdoch and ohhed and ahhed all the lights along the way. 

We went over to Snowflake Street, aka Neosho, and loved listening to the music and seeing Minions!


Lastly, we ventured over to Francis Park to check out the really big Christmas tree.  This was supposed to the proposal spot, but it was cold and I went home instead.  So we like to come back every year to remember that little fun fact and show the boys.




Don't mind the parents not watching their kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment