Tuesday, July 14, 2015

San Antonio Day 1 & 2

After the business of the 4th and a week at work, we picked the boys up at 5 on Friday from Mary's and got on the road.

Of course, once we got to 44 we realized we did not have Sippy cups or snacks.  Which meant a quick stop in Eureka for essentials.

Back on the road and stopped in Rolla for some Steak 'n Shake.  We did a quick drive by of Scott's fraternity house.  Then it was time to really start driving.

 
We stopped again in Joplin for Starbucks.  I was thinking that I might be able to sleep after the Joplin stop.  It didn't happen.  Scott and I had about a 6 hour life changing conversation.   After our conversation I drove through Ft. Worth and again around Austin.  Somehow I managed to stay awake the entire drive.  I didn't sleep until 11am after we arrived at my parents.  I was awake for 29 hours, that was crazy for me!  

We spent Saturday relaxed and caught up on some sleep and playing with new toys.


On Sunday, we were ready to take on San Antonio.  Well, maybe just the dog show.  We got there with time to watch dogs learn how to jump into a pool and fetch, caught some of the final competitions and even pet some Brittany Spaniels.

Ready to jump

Looking Good




After the dog show, we needed lunch.  And of course where do we go, Alamo CafĂ©, of course.  It was a quick lunch, but it was oh so good.  Both boys enjoyed the freshly made tortillas.



Then back to Grammie and Papa John's house for playtime and naps.
New fun, pulling himself up (on everything)
Dinner was our first of many trips to Rudy's.  Cannot get enough of that BBQ!
Looking for tables at Rudy's
Dinner with Sally, Papa John and Grammie

He had so much fun with his "robot" - the massager
 

No comments:

Post a Comment