Sunday, July 5, 2015

24 hours - no kids!


Scott and I had a whole day with no kids (or dog), thanks to my in-laws for making that happen.  It was awesome!  We didn't really have a plan as to what we wanted/needed to do, but we figured things out.  After dropping the boys off, we found a new sushi place that we had to try.  It was very good.

Then we both needed some new clothes.  I don't think I've bought much of anything since Bennett was born.  We hit up Joseph A. Bank first, and I made Scott try on the seersucker jackets.  I think next Easter this is the outfit for all boys.
 A few hours at the mall for me, it was time to go home and relax before the Cards game.  The Cards game giveaway was a replica 1982 World Series Ring and I wanted to get there early to get one.  Well, so did the rest of St. Louis.  The line to get into the stadium was down the block, turn left and turn left again...too long.  We headed into Ballpark Village to wait for the lines to die down, they did and we tried again.  We ended up cutting in line - at this point I just wanted to get in and watch batting practice.  The bonus was we ended up with 2 rings.  Side Note:  We have since given away a ring to someone who waited and didn't get one.
Watching batting practice

One of our seats for the night (we had standing room tickets)
 On our way home we pulled over so we could watch a firework display.  It was great.  I didn't have to wait around for hours and I had the a/c going with no bug bites.  Total win for us.

 
All in all, it was a great day that we both needed.  Again a huge thank you to my in-laws for watching the boys and dog for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment