Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year, Must Clean

I tend to go through random cleaning moods.  I get it in my head that the house needs serious cleaning out and then get out of my way.  Our basement storage area has been on my list for some time.  Back in the day, Christmas vacation 2011-2012, I had the need to really organize a lot of the wasted space back there.  The down side was I was home doing all this while Scott was, luckily, at work.  So I didn't really throw out any of his stuff.  I did manage to get rid of boxes that were falling apart and replace with large Rubbermaid bins.

This maternity break I've been meaning to get through the basement and have Scott help me.  Thankfully, the cards aligned and he was off January 2 and Gabriel's sitter was open.  That was one kid down, the second, Mr. Sleepyhead, took a long 4 hour nap so we could tackle everything.

We managed to finally get the good China, we each have a set, out of boxes and into Rubbermaid bins for better protection.  We also donated over 200 books.  Scott has a book collection and is very proud of it.  However, a lot of his books are just sitting in the bins, not being read over and over or have even been bought digitally; so there was no point to keep them.  The local library was very impressed with his donation, as was I.

All in all, we still have a few boxes that we need to trash and move around.  Once our weekly trash pick up comes we can dispose of the leftovers.  It really puts my mind to ease knowing that this is done and we found some great decorations to help with Gabriel's baseball room.

No comments:

Post a Comment