Thursday, June 19, 2014

Father's Day

This year's Father's Day was low key.  Scott and I headed down to his parents house to pick up Gabe and instead of going to the Science Center, we enjoyed a day watching baseball and a Western.  Not to mention it was the start of Gabe's almost week long sickness.  We did get to see the Cardinals win and Gabe played outside and napped most of the day.

Prior to actual Father's Day, we decided we'd celebrate the following weekend just the three of us.  Which has turned out to be a great decision.  This coming weekend, Gabe and I are giving Scott his present and the gift of time to get work done on a Saturday.  I think Scott is really looking forward to that.

So fast forward to the weekend after Father's Day.  We hadn't planned for it to be busy but it was.  We had a doctor's appointment on Friday morning and then I took the rest of the day off.  I was finally able to get all that cleaning I wanted to do done...well not exactly.  I relaxed, watched the World Cup and then wen to the mall.  Some cleaning was done and I felt better. 

As soon as Scott was home, we opened his Father's Day gift.  Gabe was so thoughtful and knew that his dad mentioned he wanted an iHome a few times.  So that little guy went out and got him one. 
Scott loved it and it was set up immediately.  All tech related items that enter our house are played with as soon as possible. 

Sadly, I don't have any Gabe and Scott pictures opening the gift but it was a fun time.

Happy Father's Day!  Kinkos!

No comments:

Post a Comment