Monday, August 12, 2013

My Birthday

I had a wonderful birthday this year.  Gabe let me sleep in a little bit, that's one of the best gifts he could give me.  I woke up to Scott and Gabe giving me my cards, they were great!  Then we went for our normal Saturday morning walk/run.  Gabe was not a happy camper on his run with his dad.  But Scott still managed to run all 4 miles with a crying baby, it's impressive.  After the run/walk we went to Picasso's on Main Street for breakfast with Michelle. 

Michelle was going to watch Gabe while Scott worked and I went shopping, but Gabe was exhausted from the running around that he took a nap with Dad.  After a quick lunch at First Watch, my first time eating there (it was great!).  I went with my friend Kristin to check out one of the two new outlet malls.  The outlet mall was nice.  It seemed compact compared to others that I've been to and half the shops weren't open yet.  It is dog friendly and it was fun to see all sizes of dogs in the shops.  Almost all stores are dog friendly.  The next outlet mall is opening in a couple weeks, we'll have to compare the 2.

This was waiting for me when I returned
Scott and I went out to dinner to celebrate our busy August; anniversary(6), my birthday(10) and his birthday(19).  We went to Kreis's Steakhouse and it was awesome!  We had wonderful service, food and prices!  We were able to try a few things that were new to us and anything wrapped in bacon that was on the menu was consumed. 


Afterwards, we went over to our friend Mike's parents house for a graduation party.  We hadn't seen Mike and Nicole in a couple months and it was nice to catch up with them and Mike's family.  It's always a good time with them.  We are going to Vegas in a couple weeks for the joint bachelor/bachelorette party for Mike and Nicole and it was nice to get some of the details down.  I will be meeting Scott there and will have a "me day" while I wait for him to arrive from Australia.

It was a great birthday!  A wonderful weekend spent with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment