Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"Me" Day

I didn't realize that I needed one of these.  I knew I was a little tired and really enjoyed the weekends, but I was given a "Me Day" this past Saturday.  My husband took my son and dog and left me home alone to do whatever I pleased.  It was nice.  I went back to sleep after they left, slept till 11:20.  I tried to run to the bank and open a savings account, but was too late.  Then I did some laundry without having to worry about Gabriel.  The best part was that I was able to get my first manicure/pedicure since before Gabriel was born.

After my relaxing day of only doing laundry and getting mani/pedi, Scott and I went out on a much-needed date night.  Gabriel and Reily were with Nana and Grandpa Ron for evening.  Scott surprised me, kinda, with dinner at Ruth Chris's Steakhouse.  It was wonderful.  Our table was in the wine room and there were only 3 tables in the room.  It was nice to have a quiet area to have a peaceful dinner.  Well, it would have been much more quiet had the couple behind us not talked to everyone that walked into the room for minutes on end and be as loud as possible.

Once they left, it was very peaceful and quiet.  I had my first glass of wine in a year, it was fabulous and an amazing filet.  Ruth Chris does know how to make a wonderful evening.  I can't wait till our next date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment