Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

It was our last New Year's Eve  without children.  That's a crazy thought.  Since I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant I did not want to get dressed up, fight crowds at restaurants or even the cold, we stayed in.  And it was totally worth it.  We got about an inch or two of snow around St. Louis and I thought the crazy drivers would be out early.

[caption id="attachment_2589" align="aligncenter" width="300"]New Years Eve Snow New Years Eve Snow[/caption]

Instead, my New Years Eve plans included taking down the Christmas tree and decorations.  There were so many pine needles throughout the house.  Our living room looks so empty without the huge tree.  I made an awesome ham and potato casserole for our dinner with a movie.  And we finally watched two movies that Scott has been wanting to watch for a while.  We watched "The Quiet Man" and "Kuffs."  Two completely different movies but both good and entertaining to watch.

By watching both movies, I was able to stay awake till 11!  I huge feat in itself.  So we celebrated New Years with the East coast.  We quickly said good night to Carson Daly (he is no Dick Clark) and went to bed.  Of course, we were woken up at midnight because our wonderful neighbor was shooting off fireworks.

Our New Year's Day tradition was continued this year.  We went to brunch at Crepes in the Central West End.  It wasn't our first choice.  Scape was closed this year.  The crepes were not horrible , however, the crepe place in Clayton is much better and bigger variety.

Since neither one of us were feeling great, me with a headache and Scott with cold symptoms, we headed home to find a place on the couch to get ready for the Nebraska game.  I do find it interesting that my body knows its New Years Day and I should have a headache.  That has got to change.

Nebraska played well until the fourth quarter.  Too many costly penalties and turnovers cost them the game.  I already can't wait till next year.

I am extremely excited to see what 2013 has in store for us.  I have a feeling that it's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment