Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve and Day

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. On Christmas Eve, Scott worked a half day, while I hung out at the house enjoying the quiet. We did make it over to the Birch house around 3 to exchange presents with the kids. Always a fun time to watch them open the gifts.

Scott and I walked up the alley, like I did many years growing up, to St. Gabriel's for 4 o'clock mass on Christmas Eve. We arrived later than I wanted to, but we still managed to get seats. They weren't decent, but they worked. While it wasn't the kids mass there was a brief reading of the nativity where children came up on the altar dressed up. I was surprised that it went as quickly as it did. It was fun to see people who I grew up with at mass and still singing in the choir. I can't wait for this tradition to continue.

After mass we headed home for some dinner and Christmas movies. We watch Miracle on 34th Street and A Christmas Carol. For some reason, growing up my brother and I would watch A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott version) all the time. It didn't have to even be close to Christmas and we would watch it. Now that I've re-watched it as an adult, I don't know why I really liked that movie. It's really dark.

[gallery columns="1" ids="2582"]

Christmas Day, Scott and I took our time opening presents. We had a lot of presents from the baby to us. It was nice to have a few more necessities bought in case the baby comes early (which I don't think will happen).

We had our traditional eggs benedict for breakfast and it turned out rather good. Then we had a few hours to just relax and enjoy our last quiet Christmas morning for years to come.

[gallery columns="1" ids="2583"]

Early afternoon we headed down to Scott's parents house for late lunch, presents and a few round of Dirty Neighbor. We got even more gifts for the baby and even Reily got some goodies, a new bed and rope. The poor pup was so exhausted by mid afternoon she couldn't even keep her head up. The new bed came in handy for her.

[gallery columns="1" ids="2584" orderby="rand"]

Overall, it was a great Christmas, although I'm even more excited for the Christmas's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment