Thursday, October 18, 2012

24 Weeks

Things have been moving right along and I'm feeling great.  I am happy the morning sickness only lasted about 6-7 weeks total.  Now the holiday season is in full swing and we are getting ready for that and of course getting the house ready for the baby.

Having gained about 4 ounces since last week.  That puts it at just over a pound. Since its almost a foot long it cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but it's body is filling out proportionally and it'll soon start to plump up. It's brain is also growing quickly now, and it's taste buds are continuing to develop. It's lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactants, a substance that will help it's air sacs inflate once it hits the outside world. It's skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Size of Baby: Eggplant (9in., 1.7lbs)

Total Weight Gain: I'm sure I've gained about 10lbs, we'll find out in a couple of weeks when I go back to the doctor for the wonderful glucose test.

Continuing Symptoms:  I'm getting sleepy sooner again but other than that I feel great!

New Symptoms This Week: Nothing new - more kicking and moving around as the weeks go by.

Maternity Clothes: I don't think they are coming off till after the kid is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment