Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Let me say this first, I'm not the biggest fan of Valentine's Day.  To me it's a little commercialized and I don't need all the fuss.  So, I would have been happy cooking diner at home and watching hockey, I'm easy.  Instead we had "plans."

About a week ago, Scott asked for my work address.  I kinda figured I would be receiving something at my desk.  I took a walk around campus came back and Scott was messaging me to see if I had received something.  I hadn't.  That started my calling 3 different places around campus to find where the flowers had been delivered.

[caption id="attachment_1880" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Tulips starting to bloom"][/caption]

After work I was told to meet Scott at his office as soon as I could since he had reservations somewhere.  By the time I made it to Soulard, Scott hopped in the car and we head over to Lafayette Square.  I was pleasantly surprised that Scott picked Sqwire's for dinner.  I had never been there and really wanted to try it.

The meal was great we started out with the Table Tasting Board and had carmelized dates, apple sausage, carmelized garlic, cheese bread, and Brie.  It was all great and I really liked the mustard dipping sauce.



For our main course, I had Strip Steak and Scott had the Pork Tenderloin.  Both dishes were amazing and served with scalloped potatoes.  We even saved some room for desert, chocolate ravioli with coffee flavored ice cream.  So good!  I can't wait to go back to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment