Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snow

Guess what we woke up to this morning?  The first real snow of the winter, and I couldn't be happier that it waited until middle January to show up.  Since we've had a very mild winter so far I was too sure that it would really cool down and snow for us any time soon.  Low and behold we woke up to about an inch and a half of blustery snow. 

It wasn't that there was snow on the ground and everyone freaking out, it was because it was still pretty warm when the snow started and then the temperature dropped and it melted and snowed again. 

The highways were a mess this morning.  It took me an hour to go 8 miles to work.  It took Scott about an hour and forty five minutes to get to Soulard.  This was my view for about 30 minutes waiting to get on I-70 West.



As I look out my window at work, it looks like the snow is going to keep coming down the rest of the day.  Good thing we hit our high for the day already.  It's a nice 20+ degree outside for the rest of the day.  I'm happy the Dean bought pizza and I don't have to venture out to find food.

No comments:

Post a Comment