Friday, December 2, 2011

A Christmas Carol

  We have another year of going to the Fox Theater and seeing A Christmas Carol in the books.  We went Friday night and it was the first show in the performance series.  Our seats were great and it didn't seem as crowded as it usually is when we go on Saturday nights.  I was busy taking pictures inside the theater and then I was the only one to was told to stop because of the flash, but here is a view from our seats.

[caption id="attachment_1714" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The curtain before the show"][/caption]



There was a new actor playing Scrooge this year and he played the role a little more comical that I'm used to.  I don't know if they were trying to please a younger crowd or not.  He was good, however, I prefer the more serious take on the role, like George C. Scott.  At intermission both Scott and I were on the same page.  The second half flew by all the way to Tiny Tim saying "God Bless us, everyone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment