Thursday, November 17, 2011

Roast

I had another culinary success story.  This past weekend we invited Scott's parents over for dinner.  We had decided that I would make a roast for the main dish.  I went to Soulard to get the roast and they didn't have what I wanted so I headed over to Schnucks.  The lady behind the meat counter was a great help in getting me the right size and type of meat.

Precooking was very easy.  I cut some garlic and slid that into the meat and then cut and onion to go under the roast and some on top and then poured wine on top.  Put it in the oven and a couple hours later it was done!

Last night I made French Dip Sandwiches for our dinner.  These sandwiches were really my main reason for wanting to cook a roast.  We got home from the gym and Scott sliced the meat while I got the broth ready.  In about 20 minutes we had great sandwiches for dinner.  I have been told that the roast might be a monthly meal for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment