Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ankle Update

Well the ankle is still bothering me.  And about 2 weeks ago I call my doctor back to let her know that there is still limited mobility and soreness.  She referred me to a orthopedic surgeon.  I met with him this week and he did a few tests on my ankle to check the ligamates.  I don't think my ankle had hurt that bad in a long time.  When he was checking on which ligamates were sore, he pressed his thumb right into my foot.  I nearly cried with the pain of a little pressure. 

He concluded that the ligamates damage was trying to heal itself and creating scar tissue.  The pinching of the scar tissue is causing the pain.  So I'm now off to 3-4 weeks of physical therapy to try to strengthen the ankle.  If that doesn't work, I go back for an MRI and shot of cortisone and from there I could have surgery to remove the scar tissue. 



                                                                                          

It's all very exciting.  In the mean time I've been going to the gym and walking on the treadmills and biking to strengthen it.  Also, I'm off the air cast and wearing an ace bandage for support during the day.  I have to say that I'm getting used to seeing black pants and tennis shoes for my work attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment