Friday, March 26, 2010

Fun in 2010

[caption id="attachment_266" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Starting 2010 off right"][/caption]

A lot's been going on since the beginning of the year.  A lot of fun stuff.  In January Scott and I went to Grafton, IL to see the bald eagles on the Great River Road.  They just hang out on the cliffs and everyone just stops along the side of the road to take pictures.  It was actually a very cool event to see them that close.

[caption id="attachment_265" align="alignright" width="150" caption="Bald Eagle on the cliff Jan 2010"][/caption]

After seeing 4 or 5 bald eagles we did a little shopping in downtown Grafton, IL.  There wasn't a whole lot there but it was fun to walk through the antique shops.  Plus they did have an awesome ice cream parlor and fudge shop.
We also finally made it to Steinberg Ice Rink in Forest Park for some outdoor ice skating.  This was the first time ice skating since high school.  It took a while for me to get my groove but once we got over the initial fear we were all good to go!  We just had to make sure we dodged the younger kids who were speeding around the rink.

In February we were busy again.  We celebrated Elizabeth's 12th birthday.  I can't believe it has been 12 years since I lived with Ben & Ellen.  Crazy how the time flies by.  For my present to E, I took her to the mall and let her pick out what she wanted.  Needless to say, we spent about 4 hours there and she came away with a ton of stuff.  She is a great bargain shopper.  We even managed to have CPK for lunch.  Scott and I took her to her soccer game and then hung out with 3 of the 4 kids that night.    We even went to see Robert Earl Keen, Jr. for my 1/2 birthday, the Kinko's Day!  I couldn't believe he was in St. Louis.  It was my first concert at the Pageant and he put on a great show!

[caption id="attachment_274" align="alignright" width="150" caption="Steinberg Ice Rink Jan 2010"][/caption]

The next weekend my cousin Jeff and his fiancĂ©'s family were in town.  We met up with them at Kirkwood's ice rink for more skating.  Scott took on more skating after completing the Frosty 5 mile race earlier that morning with his mom.  After skating and a quick nap we were off to Elizabeth's official birthday party.  For Valentine's Day I wanted a low key event.  I didn't want to try to go out to a restaurant that I knew would be packed and I didn't want either of us to spend a lot of money.  So we went to lunch at Blueberry Hill and made homemade chili.  It was the perfect Valentine's Day!

We celebrated Scott's dad's birthday at the end of the month with a 3 course meal prepared by his younger sister, the chef.  It was amazing!  Being a picky eater, I'm shocked that I ate everything that she made and wanted more.

March has proved to keep me busy as well.  I've gone to a bunch of the Birch kids sporting events over the last few weeks.  From basketball, dance and now soccer they always have something for me to watch.

[caption id="attachment_268" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="St. Louis Botanical Gardens March 2010"][/caption]

Scott and I went to the Botanical Gardens the first day it was nice out.  I guess everyone had the same idea but it was worth it.  Although there weren't many flowers out yet it was nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air and see what will be there soon.

We even went downtown to the St. Patrick's Day Parade.  It was freezing during the parade but was fun to see how many people actually participate in it.  There was even the Ursuline cheerleaders and the bear in the parade!

[caption id="attachment_269" align="alignright" width="112" caption="St. Patrick's Day Mar 2010"][/caption]

Obviously, the first 3 months of the year have been insanely busy as was the last few months of 2009.  I don't see any sign of this trend stopping.  Few things coming up in May is a trip to Chicago and Lincoln, NE.  Can't wait and hopefully this stays updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment