Sunday, October 15, 2017

Home Improvements

Scott has been very busy with projects that we have planned out for the house.  The big ones include painting, removing cabinetry and installing shelving.  Scott painted the family room and kitchen in one Saturday while I kept the boys entertained.  I still love how it turned out.






Then while I was in Texas he painted the toy room.  The hideous peach walls really bothered me once the brown was out of the family room.  Also, while I was in Texas he removed kitchen cabinet and installed floating shelves.  Just the painting made the house brighter, but with a dark cabinet removed the kitchen just feel more open.




Next on the big to do list was hang pictures on the walls.  I hadn't hung anything because I wanted to wait till we painted. With that done we were able to move forward with all of our pictures.  Since we had pictures to hang I needed some frames.  It's a good thing I had an IKEA gift card, from last Christmas, to use.  Thomas and I made a few trips to IKEA while the big boys were in school.  That kid is a rock star for being dragged everywhere.



We spent a Saturday hanging pictures in the toy room and then later the hallway.


Scott spent last Sunday quickly making me picture ledges to add more pictures to the wall in the TV room.  Those are in the process of being painted before we hang them.  It's amazing how much more this house feel like our home.  We can't wait to see what the Christmas decorations look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment