Thursday, September 1, 2016

Baby A

It's come to my attention that baby A #3 has not received much blog love.  In fact, it was only made social media known about a month ago that B3 or Third Base is arriving in November.  I really blame this fun fact on the 2 older siblings.  They are both running wild all the time.  But I digress about them, this is going to be about my pregnancy so far.

The beginning of this pregnancy started off with me getting the flu and/or strep in early April.  Our whole family was hit by it, some worse than others for 2 weeks.  Then my morning sickness lasted for what seemed like forever.  I think, Scott might disagree, I could safely say I was no long feeling sick in June.  This was the first pregnancy that I actually took the anti-nausea medicine that the doctor prescribed. 

Of course this pregnancy, with 2 little ones to chase around, is much different than when it was just Gabe and I.  Both, Gabe and Bennett, are very active and love to play, wrestle and just be little boys.  So, my exhaustion level is much higher than before.  It's really rare that I'm wake or not in bed later than 9pm.  Most nights, I'm happy to go to bed right after the boys, at 7:30. 

In may other ways, this pregnancy has been more fun.  Gabriel has been convinced that Baby A is a girl.  We try to ask him daily what he thinks the baby is and what the name will be.  He tells us, almost every time, it's a Sister.  But we remind him that it could be a boy and he then says the baby boy name.  Also, when we ask, he tells us there is just one baby.  I'm glad he doesn't think there is more than one in there.  Scott has made it a point to read Bernstein Bears New Baby to Gabriel most nights, which Gabriel loves.

Bennett isn't too sure of what is going on.  He has slowly gotten used to the fact that my lap is getting smaller and it's hard for him to sit on it during story time.  But he is extra snuggly and I love it.  I do ask Bennett to say good morning or night to the baby.  He is great at kissing the baby good morning.  Even when other people ask where the baby is, he just points to my stomach and says baby. 

Now that we are in the final 9 weeks of pregnancy, overall I feel fine, I'm just tired by the end of the day.  I figure that won't go away for a while, so I'm making the most of it.  This kid is a mover, just like Bennett, except most kicks are at the bottom of my stomach.  Where Bennett and Gabe seemed to kick more towards my chest.  Most nights while watching TV, this kid is kicking, punching and doing flips.  Of course, when I try to let Scott feel, most times, the baby completely stops. 

Other fun pregnancy feelings this time around, I may have had some small contractions this week.  Since both boys were induced, I'm not 100% sure if that's what I felt.  There is a part of me that really wants this baby to be early, not too early.  The other part, is really enjoying my time with both boys.  I know they will be excited when the baby gets here, but I'm not sure I'm ready to give up the man to man parenting that we have been working on.  The zone defense should be interesting for a while.

I guess what sums up the last 8 months in the Allenzotti pregnancy world.




No comments:

Post a Comment