Monday, September 22, 2014

Hello New Flooring

**I think it's fitting that this is my 500th post**

My husband rocks.  That might not be even close to saying how awesome he is and how much we love him.  Back in early July we came up with a HUGE honey-do-list to be completed over the next year and some that may seem a bit rushed before Baby A arrives in early November.  But we've done pretty good at marking things off that list. 

The biggest, craziest, most time consuming thing we need to do was get rid of the nasty, stained carpet and put in new flooring in the living room and kitchen.  It was one of those tasks that we have known for years and would have loved have completed way before Gabe arrived, but life gets in the way. 

Remember that cute kid reading instructions on the nasty old floor?
So over the last 2 weekends Scott has been working his tail off to make this little dream a reality.  There was a lot of blood, sweat, burns, cursing and tears that was put into that floor.  And we still need to finish the transitions around the doors and put the base boards back. But, I can say without a doubt, that he did an amazing job and I love how it has completely changed our house.  I'm still not in love with this house - probably never will be, but for the next year or so that we are here I will love that floor. 
Blood, sweat and tears




I will eventually compose post with more pictures than you will ever care to see about the process and a better before picture of the living with the once gray/blue carpet.  But for now, we are enjoying our new floors (baseboards coming soon) and the pitter patter of Reily trying to run or walk or prance down the hall.

Our next project before Baby A gets here is painting the kitchen, living room and hallway.  Thankfully, my awesome Maid-of-Honor, Kelly is arriving in 1.5 weeks to help out with our paint color in the living room and hallway.  She wasn't sold on my yellow.  But the kitchen will be painted (maybe) this weekend, depending on Scott's work and RLF schedule and my wanting to spend a weekend doing a family outing. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara!
    Just wanted to drop by and thank you for sharing your pregnancy story with me & giving me some sleeping tips! I tried to reply to your comment but I think it's a "no reply" setting so here I am :) Looking forward to reading more from you as your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for replying. If you have any questions about pregnancy there is a great group on FB - mamaspace. It's based out of St. Louis, but they have some non-STL people writing in questions. Or feel free to ask - 2 more weeks till #2 arrives. I look forward to reading more about fun pregnancy and soon to arrive baby boy(they are so much fun).

      Delete