Sunday, March 16, 2014

Fish Fry Friday's

We have not been the best Catholic's this Lent.  For the last 4 years, Scott and I have met up with Zipf at St. Gabriel's for the Friday Fish Fry's.  We even took Gabe last year when he was 11 days old, determination to go on our my part. 

This year we have scheduled things on Friday nights and just cannot make it down to the Fish Fry like we hoped.  We've had dinner with Scott's parents and then the next 2 weekends I will become a regular at Bella Vino.  I'll have my LU Happy Hour this week and the following week, we have dinner with friends out there.  Not that I'm complaining one bit, I look forward to trying something new each time.

We did manage to make it to St. Gabriel's for the very first Fish Fry this year.  We met up with Zipf in line, caught up with St. Gabe's people from my past and had a great, cheap dinner. 
Waiting for dinner
Gabe was in heaven with my grilled cheese sandwich.  He ate more of it than I did.  He even sampled some mac and cheese off my plate.  Overall he ate very well.


It wouldn't be Fish Fry Season without a stop at the Birch's on our way back to the car.  After a quick chat we were headed home with a very sleepy boy.  Fish Fry's are just too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment