Monday, March 5, 2012

New Food

I am completely my father's daughter and totally Italian.  I have been looking online for new recipes to change-up our weekly meals from the boring routine.  I have found some new casserole dishes that haven't been too horrible the first time around.  Of course the next time we make them we will be tweaking the recipe a bit for a little more flavor.

The first casserole we made was an up-side down pizza casserole which turned out great!

[caption id="attachment_1923" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Before adding the biscuits"][/caption]

The next one I tried was a chicken, pea, red pepper, pasta.  It wasn't too bad but needed a little more flavor than what the directions called for.  Then I tried to make a cheesy meatball pasta.  I miss reread (or didn't read) the directions too closely and so we created a pasta layer casserole which came out great!

[caption id="attachment_1924" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Going to the oven"][/caption]

Lastly, we tried a spinach mac and cheese.  This was a weight watchers recipe and it wasn't too bad.  Maybe it could use a little more cheese.  It wouldn't be only 4 points on the weight watchers scale, but it would be tastier.

[caption id="attachment_1925" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Cheesy!"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment