Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering September 11, 2001

It has been 10 years since terrorist hijacked 4 planes and our country was changed.  I remember exactly where I was when I found out and when I saw the first images.  I was at UTSA, sitting in College Algebra class and made my way to Finance.  Right before class started people started talking about what had happened.  Our teacher tried to start teaching class, but people kept going in and out.  He was not going to teach anything so he dismissed class.  Then as I walked down the hall, I saw people gathered around a tiny TV and there was the image of the first plane flying into the tower.

I just stood there, shocked.  I couldn't believe what I had just seen.  I then went outside and met up with a few of my classmates and we were talking about the events.  I even remember a classmate talking about how he was certain that bin Laden had something to do with it.  It's funny how I remember those details.

It was very weird driving home down 1604 with no planes flying over head.  There was always planes flying over our house and it was dead silent, creepy.  I was home with my dad and we watch as the second tower fell to the ground.  We both sat in silence.

[caption id="attachment_1486" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Flags on Art Hill, one for each victim of 9/11"][/caption]


A day we will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment